The normal meeting schedule for the committees is the first full week of each month.
*Elder serving on the Session
Buildings & Grounds Committee
- Contacts are Lora Deege* and Gloria Gray
- Meets Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.
- The Building & Grounds Committee is responsible for the safety, maintenance, repair and remodeling of both buildings and the maintenance and repair of the grounds/parking lots. Monitoring of regular care of the property as well as long term plans for the property are a responsibility of this committee as part of the overall stewardship of God’s gifts to Central Presbyterian Church.
Business & Finance Committee
- Contacts are Bev Evans* and Ray Getting*
- Meets Thursday, 7:00 a.m.
- The Business & Finance Committee provides for the management of all financial resources in order to further the life and mission of Central Presbyterian Church.
Christian Education Committee
- Contacts are Courtney LaPole* and Shaunna Maxwell*
- Meets Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
- Because discipleship, growing in faith and service of the Lord Jesus Christ is a life-long journey, Central’s Christian Education Program will provide opportunities for all members to explore and engage the content of the Gospel message through study and spiritual practices; become acquainted and proficient with the language and concepts of Christian belief; develop a Christian worldview and value system; affirm and articulate personal faith in relationship to the theological heritage of the church; and apply the faith to the everyday events of their lives, the issues/concerns of our community, and the wider world.
- The Christian Education Committee is responsible for developing education strategies and facilitating programming for all age groups.
- Contact is Scott Bandstra*
- Meets Monday, 7:00 p.m.
- The strategic directives of the Communications Committee ensure that God’s presence, as expressed through Central Presbyterian Church, is focused on engaging and growing the congregation. The means by which this is done vary, with internal and external communications using both traditional and digital technology to achieve its objectives. As communication is paramount to the success of Central; joys, celebrations, hopes and concerns – along with established and growing church activities – will be incorporated in how Central communicates with its members and the community.
Human Resources Committee
- Contact is Bruce Heston* & Lisa Veach*
- Meets Wednesday, 7:00 p.m.
- The Human Resources Committee recommends policies to the Session related to the care of church staff according to the Central Presbyterian Church Employment Handbook 2016; creates and updates job descriptions, provides consultation to the pastor on paid employees and volunteers; and is kept informed by the pastor of staff performance and determines compensation recommendations based upon the pastor’s recommendations.
- Contact is Emily Selden*, Brook Smith* & Karen Henderson
- Meets periodically
- The Membership Committee seeks to attract visitors and prospective members into a relationship with Jesus Christ through membership and participation in Central Presbyterian Church.
- The Membership Committee’s purpose is to assimilate new members into the life of the church; provide opportunities for existing members to become more active in church programs and groups, form the ties of Christian fellowship; and urge inactive members to become active again.
- Contact is Mary Eggers McCarroll*
- Meets periodically
- All those in ordained offices are nominated by the Nominating Committee, which is a committee of the congregation, not the Session.
- The Clerk of the Session at Central serves as the chair of the Nominating Committee.
- Ruling elders are elected to serve a three-year term on the governing board of the church, the Session. While eligible to serve another term, a ruling elder may not serve more than six consecutive years on the Session.
- The Nominating Committee also nominates Deacons for a three-year term. Their maximum length of consecutive service is six years. Deacons are elected by the congregation. After election, they are ordained and installed for their ministry.
- Contact is Susan Voss* & Jann Freed
- Meets Thursday, 5:30 p.m.
- The Stewardship Committee seeks to “challenge the people of God with the privilege of responsible stewardship of money, time and talents, developing effective ways for encouraging and gathering offerings of the people.” The committee conducts the campaign and develops year around giving strategies.
World & Community Concerns
- Contacts are Mike Bassett* & Connie Boesen
- Meets Thursday, 5:30 p.m.
- The World & Community Concerns Committee offers the congregation opportunities to act in faith and service to God through study of current social issues and active involvement in community, national and international Christian missions.
- Contacts are Ashley Sloterdyk* and Sarah Grant
- Meets Monday, 4:30 p.m.
- The Worship Committee is responsible to ensure that all services are faithful to Scripture and the Reformed tradition, providing for the regular preaching of the Word, celebration of the Sacraments, corporate prayer and offering praise to God. This includes oversight of the worship space, its arrangements and furnishings, the music program, fine arts, special services, and those who lead worship. The committee arranges for people, communion elements and other needs for worship.
Central Presbyterian Church Foundation
- Contact is John Fisher*
- Meets as needed.
- The Foundation was established to provide an endowment for the renovation and upkeep of Central’s building and grounds.
- The Foundation provides annual support for capital improvements of $75,000 per year.