Upcoming Events at Central
Adult Bible Study Options
- Bible Study – Please see Central’s schedule on the Bible Study page.
- Sunday Adult Education Classes – Please see Central’s schedule on the Adult Sunday Education page.
Vacation Bible School for ADULTS?
Beginning Wednesday, May 31, from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in Room 112, Wallace W. Bubar, pastor, will lead a Bible study series on Job and the Life of Faith: Wisdom for Today’s World.
There was never a time when the Book of Job was not relevant, but it is especially so today. The Book of Job cuts straight to the heart of what it means to be human. It is one of the most profound explorations of the life of faith ever written and wrestles with some of life’s most perplexing questions. Why do bad things happen to good people? Is there a correspondence between sin and suffering, obedience and blessing? Why should we serve God if there are no guarantees of blessings and freedom from loss and harm? Bring your own questions, and come join us as we explore the Book of Job together.
- May 31: Introducing Job: the Book and the Man (Job 1-2)
- June 7: The Impatience of Job (Job 3)
- June 14: With Friends Like These… (Job 4, 6, 8 & 10-12)
- June 21: No Bible study
- June 28: When Familiar Answers Fail (Job 19, 23 & 28)
- July 5: Closing Arguments (Job 29-31)
- July 12: The Voice from the Whirlwind (Job 38 & 40, 42:1-6)
- July 19: Life within Limits (Job 42:7-17)
Central’s Book Group
When: Third Thursday of each month (September through May)
Where: Various member’s homes
Time: 4:00 p.m.
- February 16 – This month we’ll meet in Roberts Library at Central. Discussion will be on the book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson. Silent Spring is on the list of books that have influenced the American way of life. Here is your opportunity to read this book as we do have it in our church library. Please let Mary Alice Baker know if you can attend and she will lead discussion.
- March 16 – This month’s book will be Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine & the Murder of a President by Candice Millard. The meeting will be held at Pat Baehr’s home and she will lead the book discussion.
- April 20 – Alice Meyer has graciously invited us to Beaverdale Books on Thursday, April 20, at 4:00 p.m. and will tell us about some new books in her shop.
- May 18 –
The book for this month’s meeting is When song birds return to Paris by E. M. Sloan.CANCELLED
Please contact the church office at 515-279-3658 for the address of the next meeting and new book information.
Knitting Into The Mystery
When: Wednesdays (every other week), January 11 & 25, February 8 & 22, March 8 & 22, April 5 & 19, May 3, 17 & 31
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Where: 39th Street Lobby at Central
Knitting and crochet lovers unite! Knitting into the Mystery group meetings are every other Wednesday, September through May, from 6:30–8:00 p.m. in the 39th Street Lobby at Central. There are a few exceptions for not meeting around holidays. No matter what skill level, join us as we knit in fellowship and fun. Contact Sandy Dahl, 515-306-0779, for patterns and details on current projects for mission.