Join us as we kickoff the fall with an outdoor worship service at 10:15 a.m. followed by a picnic, with activities for children and youth.
We’ll meet again for Worship in the Park, at Sylvan Theater in Greenwood Park, 45th Street, south of the Des Moines Art Center.
The Sunday, September 13 Bulletin is now available for downloading and printing.
A box lunch will be catered by Palmer’s Deli & Market and available upon arrival at the park:
- Adults: $10, sandwich options: ham, turkey, roast beef or veggie. Boxes include sandwich, chips, fruit salad and brownie. Also included: fork, napkin, mayo and mustard packet. Bottled water will be provided.
- Children: $5, sandwich options: turkey or PB & J. Boxes include sandwich, fruit cup and cookie. Also included, fork, napkin, mayo and mustard packet. Bottled water will be provided.
- Reservations are required to attend the event, as spots are limited due to the Parks & Recreation Department’s COVID-19 protocols. RSVP to the church office at 515-279-3658 or email@example.com by Thursday, September 10, to let us know that you are coming, and please indicate your sandwich preference.
- Social distancing. We request that you remain at least 6-feet apart from each other at all times. Seating will be available on every other bench.
- Face masks for those age 2 and up are required whenever social distancing is not possible, as per the mayor’s recent public mask mandate. You must wear a mask upon arrival and at check-in, and whenever unable to maintain 6-feet distance from others.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided, as well as individual sanitizing wipes packets for each worshiper.
- No congregational singing will take place.
- Transportation from the church will not be available.
- An online worship service will be available on Facebook and YouTube for those unable to come to the park or those in higher-risk groups who are more comfortable staying home. In the event of rain, the service will not take place in the park; just stay home and worship with us online.
- If you have COVID-19, or have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home.